H&S (SHEQ) Officer
Location: Beacon Hill Road, Halifax, HX3 6AQ.
Aquaspersions is a leading manufacturer and global supplier of high-quality aqueous dispersions and emulsions.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our operations team as a H&S Officer to support, assist, and implement new and existing compliance requirements within the business. The role will have a strong focus on implementing Health and Safety improvements throughout the business.
Duties in the role include:
- Driving improvements in Health and Safety KPIs and Occupational health monitoring results.
- Working with Departmental Managers to ensure thorough risk assessments, reporting of near misses & adverse events and thorough investigations are completed in a timely manner.
- Working with departmental managers to implement corrective actions and improvement plans triggered by adverse events, near misses and other incidents, risk assessments, audit and inspection findings, etc.
- Designing and rolling out tool box talks to educate team members on H&S responsibilities.
- Determining health and safety training requirements and initiating roll out.
- Working with the engineering department to ensure that equipment is maintained to a safe standard.
- Working with engineering department to ensure that the contractor management system is kept up to date and all contractors are competent and compliant to ensure any contracted work is done safely and meets regulatory requirements.
- Conducting, designing, and reviewing health and safety audits and inspections
- Supporting SHEQ operations through administration and assisting in the implementation of key management system processes including:
- Ensuring compliance status of controlled systems such as calibrations, document control, third party management through managing compliance databases and systems
- Scanning, filing and auditing of key quality control documents
- Ensuring customer and third party facing areas are presentable, compliant and safe
To be successful in the role you must have:
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft office suite to include day to day experience of excel sheets is essential.
- The ability to interact with people at all levels within the Company and externally.
- The ability to self-prioritise workload.
- Excellent report writing skills and document management experience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Health and safety experience within a chemical manufacturer or similar industry
NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity please send you a covering letter and cv to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.